18 January 2011

out with the old...

so, i was holding out on buying new uggs. i really wanted tall ones, but i had a perfectly good pair. until last week. then, i started to notice that my toe was millimeters from poking through. so, i thought about it. i priced it out. i looked at cable/sweater ones (which i liked, but were like my current purple ones... tready and only went with certain things...) and then, i realized that i could use credit card points!!! whoo-hoo... so, i got this awesome pair of uggs. for free (well, unless you count all the money i spent on groceries, gas and airline tickets to accumulate those points...)! so, there they are. and now it's raining... and i can't find my rain-protector-spray-stuff.... sad face!!

on the up side... nora had a playdate today. she LOVED it! i think the highlight was being "without mommy!!" i did have fun chatting with the mom beforehand, and realized we grew up 10 minutes apart!! what a small world. God has been doing that with me recently. giving me little "things", coincidences, answers to prayers in AWESOME ways. God is always good. His goodness is not dependent on my circumstances. but, it's fun to see good in His goodness! anyway... i am about to head out... in my rain boots, not my supercomfy new uggs! (i was cutting out a new pattern today and jamey was circling me. then, he started putting his hand down my boots and just rubbing. the boot, not me! even he likes my new uggs! nothing quite like that feel!!!)

side note... there have been so many things i have said no to this year, or just made do with what we had, or didn't (nora's severe lack of snow pants... )... in the name of moving to a tropical island in less than five months. so yes, my uggs are completely impractical for a tropical island, but it was a trade. and what i considered MOST worth having!!!

No comments: