08 January 2011

my temporary home...

here's a two-fer today...

yesterday, i was talking to em about moving and hawaii. she kept asking questions, and i kept saying, "i don't know". i am pretty sure i didn't have ONE answer to her questions about where we would live, housing, when, etc. and i had such a peace about it. and i was reminded again that this is my temporary home. i love that carrie underwood song. all of this is transient. whether i live somewhere for 2 years or 20, it's still temporary. i was kind of reflecting on that all day. because i got to sleep in this morning (well, up at 5 with a little girl playing and snuggling and wanting water or something to eat and finally crawling into bed with me so we could fall back asleep together, then daddy woke us up to take her to ballet, and i rescued my son out of his crib), i was off my schedule. i started my day and didn't spend time with God until right before this. well, wouldn't you know... this book i started this summer (and realized it's 60 days, not 30.... almost done!!!) had me reading two passages about my "temporary home" today and talked about the future home and not holding on too tightly to this temporary home. cool, huh?

nora and i were in my sewing room tonight "crafting" together. she has a drawer with markers, scissors (she likes to cut..), felt, gluesticks, etc. she can craft with any of that stuff while i sew. we are together, working side by side. sometimes, she'll go in the other room and watch a movie or play with her toys.

remember, my sewing room really is a glorified walk in closet, also housing my clothes, wrapping paper and constantly set up ironing board and iron. we aren't talking about a WHOLE lot of room here, but i can leave it a mess, and no one cares! so, tonight, we were crafting, and she asked something about staying here instead of going to hawaii. that was the first i have ever heard her ask that. she's always been excited for our next move. i said no, we had to go.

another caveat... she is so conscious to ask, "can this go to hawaii" if she gets something new or gets really attached to something. almost daily. so, when i said we had to move, she asked if we could have a sewing room in hawaii so we could do this together there, too. honey, i would LOVE a sewing room in hawaii!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE talking to you xoxo