22 April 2011

THIRTY....

how i found the dad and his girl... brushing out princess barbie's hair...

not sure who had more fun!!

my cool dude boy!

how i found the princesses this morning!

today is my birthday. my THIRTIETH birthday. phew... i feel old! yesterday, a woman mistook me for a high schooler and tried to offer me a summer job. sweet! and i got called "kiddo" by the guy helping me at the car place. (still trying to get our car registered here, and STILL failing! it's just funny at this point!)

tim mcgraw's "my next thirty years"
  • i think i'll take a moment, celebrate my age
  • the ending of an era, the turning of a page
  • now it's time to focus in on where i'll go from here
  • Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

  • hey my next thirty years, i'm going to have some fun
  • try to forget about all the crazy things i've done
  • maybe now i've conquered all my adolescent fears
  • and i'll do it better in my next thirty years

  • my next thirty years i'm going to settle all the scores
  • cry a little less, and laugh a little more
  • find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
  • figure out just what i'm doing here in my next thirty years

  • oh my next thirty years, i'm gonna watch my weight
  • eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
  • drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
  • maybe i'll remember my next thirty years

  • my next thirty years will be the best years of my life
  • raise a little family and hang out with my wife
  • spend precious moments with the ones that i hold dear
  • make up for lost time here in my next thirty years
i love this song... and even more so now! david wrote me a SWEET card this morning about loving the part of the last thirty years that he's been a part of, and how he can't wait for the next thirty years. i can't wait for that either. and i am so thankful for where i am at 30. i love my family. i love this adventure we are about to embark on. i love my kids, my husband, my place in life.

someone asked me recently if i was "ready" to turn 30. i wasn't sure what to say. but when i sat down and thought about what "younger" me would have wanted by 30, i think i am there. (there is always room for improvement....) i would never dreamed that i weigh what i did in college. that i could fit (and look decent in) my high school prom dress. that i have amazing friends all over the world. that i have a man who loves me, when i am pms-y, crabby and crying, or at my best. (hopefully those two aren't the same thing!) that i have two wonderful children, the oldest of whom routinely prays thanking God that He saved her from her sins and died on the cross and rose again. and for the wonderful things He made. and tells me ALL THE TIME how much she loves me. and that her little brother is doing the same.

last night, we went out to dinner at an awesome place called "christie's". if ever in newport, check it out! super good food! on the way home, we decided to get some ice cream at "kilwin's". also, check it out! the whole way home after that, nora kept asking to eat her ice cream. i told her, "when we get home". REPEAT about 500 times, until i said, "if you ask again, you will not get your ice cream. i said you could eat it when we get home". i tried to say it lovingly, before i got mad. she said, "mommy?". i said, "do not ask for ice cream". she said, "i wasn't going to ask for ice cream, mommy. i just wanted to say, "i love you". " aww....

so there you go. i am thirty. and am excited about where i am at! my next thirty years...

have two more kids
get my business off the ground
have kids that love the Lord
and are college grads, doing what they love
be getting ready to retire with my love
still be vacationing with my fam (marco, anyone?)
have grandkids
be blonde again, at least for a bit!
still be madly in love with my hubs
be even more in love with my Savior!

and now off to friends' for a birthday celebration...

No comments: