27 April 2011

a birthday...

i turned 30 last week, in case you missed it! and i am so wonderfully blessed. a few weeks ago, a friend threw a WONDERFUL party! it was so nice to visit with my friends, celebrate ME!, and have a chance to see everyone before i left. i didn't realize how close we were to the end! then, my mom came to visit. we had such a fun week (despite my awful crankiness...)! she's been to visit around several of my last birthdays! then, another friend and her hubby and me and mine over for fondue and games. we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those times! (and are so thankful they are making the big move with us!)

i was showered with gifts... fun ones, practical ones, ones i had been crushing on. i have been wanting (and slowly collecting) new pots and pans. that is one thing i regret not registering for. the ones i have have handles falling off and some are hand me downs from others! (so, of course i handed them down!!) i (think i ) have a "full" collection now! (by full, i mean, the fewest possible pots i can get away with!! we had friends over a few weeks ago, and i have been counting the pots we use...) i am quite excited by this!

i also got some green... i want to make a few updates to our stuff, and between birthday money and stuff i have been selling on cl, i think i should be good...

i think my second favorite thing was the card david wrote me. i have been telling him for years how much a card means to me. (by card, i also mean ANYTHING written on ANYTHING... doesn't have to be hallmark!) he wrote me the sweetest card and woke me with a kiss to give it to me on the big day! it was wonderful and had me smiling all weekend!

but then... i got another card. and i cried. hard. my family has this competition. it's whose card makes the person cry the hardest. byss... you won this one! you got me. it was so beautiful. wonderfully written and so much fun to read! and, there was a cd. byssa has been doing a radio show for her college this year which has been SO. MUCH. FUN. to listen to! in the beginning, she said i had influenced her listening to country music. this year, SHE has been my inspiration... since my songs were usually limited to what veggie tales sang! it has been fun to listen to new music again!

there were so many nice cards, fb messages and phone calls... thanks to all of you who made my weekend SO. SPECIAL!!

No comments: