22 August 2009

Empty Nests

Hi everyone, it's David. I wanted to comment on Michelle's last pink slip post, because I too want to express my appreciation for moms. Thanks to Krissy, about who Michelle summed up her love of family perfectly. And I would be remiss if I didn't comment about my mom Sue,
who finds herself in an identical situation (Sarah went off to college the same week Alyssa did this past week). Thanks mom- for making life so meaningful and providing a great example of what an involved parent should be. Every single day that I change diapers, play catch, clean up messes, make dinner, read stories and hold kiddos, or when I come home and see the exhausted expression on Michelle's face because she does those things all day long without a break, I appreciate that much more just how tough your job was, and just how well you did it. We'll never fully give you your pink slip- we'll just keep you on in a consulting role, so you can enjoy the transition to being a grandparent. You're great at that too!

No comments: