09 March 2013

the fire department!

jamey and his friend walking in!!

sweet boy...

listening so intently!


so curious!!

riding high...  ps.  he has a new ambition in life!
he was the first one with his hand up to ride in the truck!


curious!

my boy!

i love his grumpy face... his, "i don't want to smile at the camera" face!

the a.r.f.f....  the truck that puts out airplane fires...

a big airplane.  

my boy.. giving the firefighter a high five!

another boy...

his cheese!!!


wearing the helmets!


with a real firefighter!

c kept lunging for him. but was less entertained when i LET the fireman hold him!

my other boy and me!

showing off!

it was a crazy fun field trip!  

i have been reading the letters to the mom on her iphone.  and we had a moms' panel this week at mops.  and it was all very convicting.  and could be so easy to walk away feeling like i failed.  (have i mentioned that i feel that way sometimes???)  and then i read this from another friend's blog.   and i realized that it's okay to find a balance.  

i was convicted reading the letter to the iphone mom.  and yet, my kids love facetiming on my iphone.  or they chime in on my phone calls to family members who live 6000 miles away.  or adding something to an email to daddy.  and they know that i read my Bible on my iphone.  so that i can spend time with Jesus.  

but, i could put my phone/computer/ipad down more.  and so i try to.  to be engaged when they are around.  to use pinterest and other social media sites wisely, and not as time wasters (although sometimes they are!!).  but they have been great resources for new meals.  (one of which my hubby LOVES!  and begs for!)  gluten free pop tarts.  school projects.  you can find great things on there.  but, it's balancing my time.  so, i continue to be convicted to spend my time wisely.  pleasing to God.  and not just wasting it on facebook.  or in front of the tv.  

and, so i am off to bed.  instead of wasting more time on my computer (not blogging... i VALUE this time!!!)...  cause i am in charge of a 4.5 mile run tomorrow.  hope my knees cooperate!  then, it's the beach after.  don't feel too bad for us!!!

No comments: