27 March 2013

swimming... and anchors.

i mean, who doesn't love seeing an f-22 fly overhead!  

my boy and me at swim.  don't we look cute in our matching shades?  (note, he dropped and broke said shades... his, not mine... right after pic!)

the kids, playing on the anchor...

getting some attention.  maybe not the kind he wanted!

my little walker.  

watching the tide.

my girl and me.  i showed her the pic and said, "aren't we the cutest girls".  she turned to me and gave me a lecture on pride and humility.  oops!!!  good job, girl!  it IS the heart i am concerned with.... and you have a good one!!!

at an easter egg hunt.  he didn't want to pose for the pic.  

trying to pose the kids... note, chris is lunging out of the pic.  he DID. NOT. want to be involved.

i love hebrews 6:19.  we have this hope as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul.  i am so thankful for my hope in the LORD.  i was listening to the radio this morning and heard the two (hawaiian) djs talking about this week.  and easter.  (and it was so fun to hear "brah" and "braddah" thrown in to the conversation.  don't think i have ever heard that biblically before!)  

but, they were talking about the magnitude of what Jesus did for us.  and that when He was on trial in front of two different audiences, He held his tongue.  He didn't try to make His case or PROVE that He was God.  (other than put the one soldier's ear back on...  again, amazing!)  so often, i want everyone to know what i meant to say.  or my point of view.  or why i have been wronged.  and yet, the humility that we see in Christ is amazing.  

Jesus could have put a stop to His death at any point.  but He CHOSE not to.  for ME.  this is something i have heard for 31 years.  and yet, it struck me as so fresh this morning.  (maybe it was hearing Jesus referred to as "brah"...)  i am thankful that He loved me enough.

and in the midst of a whole lot of craziness going on in the world...  the song that came on the radio next was "on Christ the solid rock i stand, all other ground is sinking sand..."  
"i dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus' name"  
"my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness".  

a little out of order, but the last line brings me back to the point.  i have this HOPE.  and for that, despite anything else that goes on, i am so thankful.  HE is my hope.

No comments: