17 May 2012

big boy...



look at him in the exersaucer!  he is loving it!!!

sweet, sleepy baby!

my two kids the other day!  love watching them play together...

sweet baby boy, waking up on sunday morning.  

it's 7pm, my house is clean (i mean, scrubbed the bathtubs, clean...) and my kids are in bed.  what to do with my night?  i am planning a redo of the living room...  

i got some things painted today... a new (free, saw it on my neighbor's curb) bedside table for david (honey, be surprised when you get home.  but now, you have a place to put your glasses and phone at night!!!)

also, my beautiful adirondack chairs.  per manufacturers' instructions (my amazing father in law who built them for me), they needed a second coat of paint.  but, then they were indoors in rhode island for 6 months, and then we got busy here.  so, they got painted today!!  

i also got a new (cheap, my friends are moving off island, but it's a great) dresser.  i am getting ready to paint that.  as part of the great deployment living room redo.  

i also am working on something for our bedroom.  it usually looks like a hurricane hit it, followed by a tornado.  seriously.  my friend came over and i think had heart palpitations at it!  (my mom ALWAYS does!)  i want to make it a nice, relaxing place...  but it's not so much redoing it as cleaning it and touching some stuff up (like the bedside table!).  

hmm... that's the short list of my projects right now.  did i mention that i have also weed-whacked, cleaned out the garage, gotten the oil changed on both cars (which is ALWAYS more expensive than when david goes!), hung some new stuff on the walls...  hopefully david recognizes the house when he gets back!!!  (just kidding honey!!)

i should mention.  the kids came home from school and went straight upstairs to play.  it was so sweet.  didn't want to make jamey go down for nap.  i did eventually, but i think he's giving those up.  the whole time he kept asking when he could get up.  so i let him up.  and we went outside to paint.  

the kids, again, played so sweetly outside.  they had so much fun.  sometimes i feel like i am only ever the bad guy.  the one saying, "clean up", "stop biting", "you lost that privilege".  i want to be the fun one.  i want them to know how much i love them and really enjoy them.  

No comments: