12 May 2012

appreciation...

it's military spouse appreciation day.  (well, friday was, for those of you NOT on hawaii time!)  i found a new blog this week (have i posted about her yet?), and liked some of her stuff...  she did a few this week on military spouses.

it came on a day when i found out a friend got orders to leave.  and another to stay.  and my heart was so torn... joy that one gets to stay, at least until we do (i think?), but another has to leave.  that means that she is going somewhere new.  making new friends.  starting all over again.  and leaves a void here.  something that happens all too often with us military spouses.

or, two weeks ago, i met a girl at church.  and i think we would be really great friends.  but, she too is leaving soon.  i mean, really soon.  (although we are becoming good friends while she is still here!)

there's always the hope of another duty station.  and Facebook.  and email.  but sometimes those emails and phone calls get fewer and further between.  it's hard to say goodbye so much!  and hello so much.  to friends, to husbands, to family members!

but, i wouldn't do it any differently.  i get my best friend.  and i get my wonderful children.  and i am cherishing these moments with them.  loving on them.  praying for patience with them!  (let's be honest, they are 3 and 4 currently!)  (maybe praying for some sleep...  the littlest has decided he needs to eat three times a night again!!)

i am so thankful to have these military spouses as my peers.  my friends.  my support.  my family.  there is no one who understands my life like they do.  so today, i am thankful for my friends!

i will work on pics tomorrow...

No comments: