20 August 2010

new normal...

so, this week has been a struggle for me in my new normal. as mentioned, i am not very pretty anymore, and nora doesn't have a daddy. i had a meltdown today (figured i had to match nora!!). david and byssa left for college today and i was very sad. and david isn't here. i had this wonderful dream last night that he came home to surprise me! i woke up disappointed. (should point out here that it is my OWN fault i was disappointed in that!!) in total, i think it will be three weekends i don't see david (four for the kids). NOT BAD!! so it was a rough day, but a great ending. my mom took the kids and me out to dinner and they were WONDERFULLY behaved! then we did a bit of shopping. also, they had 3+ hours of naps today while i had a meltdown and then got stuff done!!!

so, meltdown aside, we are doing well. and, everyone is entitled to a meltdown now and then, right? but, the end of my story tonight is actually the point. i went to lori's house after the kids were in bed to help with a craft night. i got to hang out with the two wonderful girls who are currently defining my new normal! they bring such joy and normalcy to my life!! so, there they are... lori and louisa! (and, mama lawrence was there, whom i LOVE dearly!!)

on the ride home, a song came on.... something about "my temporary home". that phrase has been one that has stuck with me through our transition. the navy life is a good reminder that this world is my temporary home. i am just passing through. i can't hold on to ANYTHING too tightly, save Jesus Christ! i lost sight of that some this week. AND, i need to be instilling that in my child.

the other thing i need to be more intentional about is building up daddy and his "work". (not that i tear him down, but i just haven't been saying much...) i want to remind nora and james that we are SO fortunate that daddy has such a good job. and that daddy loves us so much- and that's why he works for us! and, the incredible man that he is that he is willing to do what he does for our freedom. so many things to be thankful for and PROUD of!

on the way out the door, lori also reminded me that God's mercies are new every morning. isn't that wonderful. it doesn't matter how much i messed up the day before. and, He is SO FAITHFUL! He brought us here, and He will bring us through. and how fortunate are we that He brought us to a place to be so surrounded with love (and cheap rent!!) for a few months...

so, here i lay in my temporary home, my childhood home, the house that built me....

funny story! after our trip to dc in like 8th grade (maybe 10th???), i got about 200 glow in the dark stars for my ceiling. i was obsessed! i loved those stars! surprisingly, they still work!!! nora came in the other night and snuggled with me. she looked up and was STUNNED to see stars up on the ceiling. she was so fascinated! it's so fun to see her experience this home that i love so dearly! and to "grow up" in my home...

No comments: