16 June 2013

my daddy...

james, in my daddy's hat.

on a drive with my daddy.  he gets as emotional about these military things as me!  (these were boots lined up for about a 1/2 mile on memorial day.)

my daddy took my baby and me to the er on vacation when he was sick and nothing else was open, cause it was a holiday...

my daddy helped me (along with everyone else) keep watch over my sicky...

my daddy loves on my boys.  

and they love on him.

my daddy is so patient.  and loving.  

i love my daddy.  i have been told i am a lot like him (although my husband will tell you that each day, i am more like my mom!).  i am so glad that my daddy raised me the way he did.  traveling all over the world with us.  racing to school so i could be the first one there to get the library book i wanted.  taking me out for ice cream (and giving me my love for sweets that's continued!).  giving me the confidence to leave home after high school and never really come back (except for vacations or extended stays).  he always believes in me and gives me courage to fly.  

he taught me to dance.  how to let someone else lead (alright... i am still TRYING to learn that lesson...).  to dance when pretty music plays.  to stop and enjoy the moment.  to make small things into fun, big things.  

there were so many father's day cards out there... and each i read just didn't do him justice.  i am who i am, in large part, because of my dad.  he let me cry and scream when i couldn't get my driver's permit on my birthday.  he moved mountains to get it as soon as possible.  i have always believed that even if i can't do it, or anyone else can do it, my daddy can do it.  and, if daddy can't, IT'S JUST NOT. POSSIBLE....  

he gave me a love for Jesus.  and taught me how to make that a priority.  and that is the most important thing.  thank you daddy... happy father's day.

and i would be remiss to not mention my amazing husband...  who is the father to our three beautiful children.  like my dad, who traveled so much, he moves mountains to make sure his kids know how much he cares about them.  chris walked around all vacation with my phone, hugging it, because it has a picture of david on it.  my kids know they are cherished by their daddy.  i am so proud of him... and so blessed to be his wife...

No comments: