30 January 2013

today....

today was nora's first field trip.  and first trip on a school bus.  and i got to go!  c took the boys for the morning, chauffeuring them to and from the normal morning activities!  (so nice that c's schedule looks like mine!)  it was so fun to watch nora interact!  and to see the waikiki aquarium.

i remember my mom coming on field trips.  and it was a weird feeling to be the mom.  i am thankful for the good friends in my life that surround me.  and the friends that have lasted years and moves and locations.  and sometimes survive only in video messages or short 3 minute phone calls over periods of days and weeks.  missed calls.  returned text messages.  voice mail tag.  sometimes i feel like that is the status of my friendships right now, but i am so thankful for them.  (wow, that was a random change of subject...  not even sure how i could get you from field trips to friends!!)

anyway...  i have several good, close friends in my life and i am overwhelmingly blessed!  and it has been so fun, recently, to watch God bless me through them.  at times when i didn't even realize i needed a pick me up, or a phone call.  but HE knew.  and they knew... or acted on a feeling!

i am watching my hubby fix the tv.  and he's so cute doing it!  it's fun to watch him work...  i love his intensity!  and the fact that he wants no help or suggestions from me!  (kind of like when he cooks/cleans up in the kitchen.  he doesn't want me around!)  we got to go on a lunch date today after the field trip.  i had an hour between field trip and when everyone was done with morning activities!  so, we snuck away.  and that's what it felt like... sneaking!  it was so fun.  we stopped and picked up a birthday present for an upcoming birthday party on the way home... cause it was easier without three kids, and that's just life.

you get train of thought blogging today... brought to you by a dusty room and tired mommy!  thanks for riding this train with me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.