01 June 2012

interesting...

nora has decided to nurse her baby.  (the doll that's as big as she is!)  she follows me.  switching sides when i do.  

it all started because james had been nursing his puppy.  i haven't had the heart to tell him he can't physically nurse!  

we went to the beach on monday with some friends.  

the kids had a BLAST!

aren't they cute??

look at that sweet boy...  we were at lanikai.  one of the best beaches in hawaii!!!

we had dinner tonight at a friend's house.  the kids LOVED being there.  and played so well.  and it was just so fun.  to be served while my kids played so happily.  to eat and talk with other adults.  to just enjoy it!  it was really a nice night!

it's hard sometimes to ask for help.  or even see that i need it.  (don't get me wrong, a break from single parenting is ALWAYS nice!)  i can "do" this.  we are surviving, and quite well, i think!  we can go to the groc, or target and live!  (even get complimented on our behavior!)  i have had so many offers recently.  to watch my kids.  to have dinner.  to just help.  asking me HOW i need help.  and i am working to swallow my pride and allow the help!  

i didn't think i was a super prideful person in that way.  and i think, i am perfectly able-bodied to do this.  my kids are relatively good kids.  it's not that bad.  i don't want to be the opposite and not do anything cause my husband is deployed!  so, i am saying "yes" to help.  and taking advantage!  and enjoying it.  feeling so blessed by those around me!

and a little sad today.  that's me being honest.  i miss my husband.  and nora started crying the other day, missing her daddy.  i want him home with me.  jealous of others who have their hubby.  (and knowing that roles were reversed not too long ago!)  wanting that man to play with my kids, in a way only a daddy can.  thankful that i have a husband who can play!

(okay, don't judge...  but i was watching a certain show where people try to win the affections of a certain lady, and one of the guys was complaining about having left his son for 9 weeks and how awful it was...  i just wanted to throw something at the screen and say, "you had a CHOICE!  you could stay home.  and you aren't roughing it.  get over yourself..."  but, i didn't.  and he went home anyway...  )

and, yes, we made a choice.  a choice that i still love.  but it can be hard, right?  

all that to say.  we are doing so much better than i anticipated.  and it's only because of prayers and support!  thanks, all of you!

No comments: