26 June 2012

life as we know it...

my sweet keiki...

james is getting to be quite the fish!  loving him!

check out the new toes... courtesy of my mother in law and the freedom i had to go get them done with c...

sweet girl...

ohh... all that sand!

that boy.  

look at him go!

and this one.  

he was not the fan!  but, he was such a good boy!

grammie and her grand-keiki!

so, a few links for you to check out!


traffic- in case you missed it...we have the worst traffic in the us.  yeah.  don't have to tell me twice!  but seriously, it's just like every other place.  it's busy, but you figure out how to manage.  but, i keep getting comments on it!

lanai- one of our islands was just bought... super interesting.  made the front page of our newspaper last week!  fun times.

it was an interesting weekend.  it was the first time since my birthday that we didn't have weekend plans.  and i was thankful for that.  but it lent itself to a longer weekend.  and me missing david more.  we had a pretty good weekend, but i felt like the kids and i weren't on the same page (meaning, i wanted obedience, and they wanted to be 3 and 4 years old...).

they were playing in the shower while i got ready.  i heard nora asking why jamey's lip was bleeding, but i hadn't heard anything happen.  i asked what happened, and they didn't know.  at church, i saw it looking a little big and bleedy.  i asked again (they were sitting in time out cause they hadn't obeyed there, either!), and jamey told me that nora put chapstick on him in the shower and it burned.

now, there is NO chapstick in the shower.  i use rosemary mint shampoo, so that might burn.  so i ask, what did you use?  umm... yeah.  my razor.  as chapstick.  and the nicks on his lip tell me it was the razor end.  sweeeeet.  (i don't remember what she was in time out for, he was in time out for pulling down his pants to show me his unders on the playground.  cause he was mad at me.  cause i told him he couldn't spit.  or something.)

i put my head in my hands, and felt like the best mom in the world.  (sense my sarcasm!?)

and wonderfully, someone came out, and asked me to share my testimony at our fellowship group this week.  it was so perfectly timed, because it totally redirected my focus.

we went out to lunch with some friends, whom i am really enjoying after church.  the beginning of a beautiful friendship!  and, someone else at church asked what they could come do for me at the house.  what guy stuff...  get a box from the attic, mow the lawn, do the things that david does.  i just wanted to cry.  and hug him!  again...  feeling so blessed!

No comments: