14 February 2013

valentine's day

james and pres

j at his v day party...

isn't he handsome??
last year....
playing today...

oops...  it's actually been 2906 days since i met d.  forgot about the two leap years!!

her v day...  poor sick girl...

kids (and daddy) got scratch off coupons from me!  tutorial here...  except instead of contact paper, i used press-n-seal.  cause it's what i had!

the gf muffins i made for stef and nora for v day.  king arthur's gf muffin mix.  A.MAZE.ING!!!

all the v day goodies!!

j and i picked up flowers at the commissary for the girls in the house...

oops...sideways!  our first v day.  2006

there was a fab meal, wine, and pink roses waiting for me when i got home from work.

my baby valentine!  i got a phone call, and he looked at me, with his hand by his ear, and said "hello".  well, his version of hello.  he started taking steps on tuesday...  such a big kid!

nora's first v day...

she hung out with j so d and i could go out...  2008

v day/birthday 2010

it was fun today to think of all the valentine's day that david and i have spent together.  wonderfully, i think we have actually spent all of them together!  (can't say that for birthdays or anniversaries!!!)

i was also thinking about memorable ones.  our trip to new york in 2011 was really fun.  or when i was in 7th grade and i liked this boy and heard he liked me.  but waited till the day after to ask me out!!  and then, as per norm in 7th grade relationships, we "went out" for a few weeks, but never talked!  ahh... 7th grade!

i helped out in jamey's class today.  and walked in and he gave me a huge hug!  and then, turned to a friend and said, "that's my mom.  she's just the best".  i could have cried!  it was so sweet....  my girl, however, has a fever, sore throat and headache.  poor thing...

i am blessed by this amazing valentine.  i love having him in my life.  and i love the example he is for our kids!!!




No comments: