23 April 2012

snow day!!!

we woke up one day to a tiny bit of snow...  that was gone by noon!

but we took advantage of it!!!

don't know why this pic won't turn.  i have turned it a few times!  

we had a snow ball fight.  it was so much fun!!!

bundled up baby!!!

sitting in will's high chair.  he looked so big!!!

this girl got a surprise.  for her birthday, she is going to learn to surf with a few pro surfers, then have a meet and greet with bethany hamilton.  this is her face when i told her.  it's an amazing thing.  there is a fundraiser and i emailed about it.  they were so wonderful about having us!  seriously, i was in tears for like 24 hours afterwards.  (it might be a little fun that i get to go, too!!)


today is my birthday... and i'll cry if i want to!  i actually want to cry (mostly) happy tears.  i felt so loved and thankful for my friends today.  it was a fabulous day, except for the time that the cockroach attacked me in my room and landed on my bed and i am not sure if he is still alive or not, so it's slightly unnerving thinking about sleeping in there tonight and my delusions that they only lived in my kitchen are now gone, except that i am trying to convince myself he hitched a ride upstairs last night on something i brought up!

phew... that was a run on!  no, i really felt so loved.  last night, we were lighting candles on my cupcakes (cause the kids and i celebrated a day early!), and david called... just in time to sing.  he didn't even know it!  today was church and then dinner and a movie with my girl friends.  i was giddy with excitement just to be out of the house!  and really had the best night with some of my favorite girls on the island!

it was a rough end to the week.  there is a certain three year old who is TRYING my patience.  and who i think just needs some more one on one attention (trying to make that happen this week).  and who is, at the end of the day, THREE. YEARS. OLD.  and a BOY!  whereas nora would discreetly test me, james just walks right up to the line, looks at me and smiles with the biggest, sweetest smile, and crosses it.  just to see what i will do.  (he is also slightly whiny...)  i think that the time change and some lack of sleep caught up with us this weekend.  but, the kids have told me they have had some of the best nights of their life recently!  here's hoping i can keep this up 6.5 more months!!  phew...

really, though, i am working on my patience and responses.  i know that changes so much!  and they are so precious.  nora learned about taking communion today in sunday school.  i asked her to tell me about it, and WHY we do it.  she answered pretty well (to remember what Jesus did for us).  we also had a nice conversation about WHAT Jesus did (died on the cross to take away our sins, and rose again three days later).  and how we have to ASK for that forgiveness, and pursue a relationship with Him (okay, didn't use quite those words...).  and then nora interrupted me to witness to her brother.  it was so sweet...

and just when i think i am a failure as a mother, several times this week, my kids have asked for prayer for specific things.  (a boo-boo, etc)  and in columbus, nora lost something.  she was looking all over for it, and i hear her mumbling to herself.  after a minute, i realized she was praying and asking Jesus to help her find it.  i am glad they are picking up on the good things, too!!!

No comments: