04 February 2012

saturday...

courtney with all three after the photo shoot the other day...

coco saying "goodbye".  jamey in his "pack pack".  that is FILLED with cars and probably heavier than him!!

coco and the older two...

me and my coco...

trying to set up outside...

waiting for mommy to get a family shot!

have i mentioned that my new favorite show is "ace of cakes"?  so fun.  i am in LOVE with duff... and the cakes they make.  

anyway...  that was random.  just hanging out with my hubby on the couch while my mom puts the babies in bed.  last night, the girls from church threw me a baby shower.  it was so sweet.  there were women there, who brought me gifts, that i had never met.  my eyes welled up as i thanked them and told them how loved and welcomed i felt.  

we have been staying busy... and getting out more.  it has felt good.  my midwife has texted occasionally to check up on us and see how we are.  again, feeling loved and cared for!

i have thought a LOT this week about perspective.  i remember when i was younger, my mom told me a story.  she HATES to iron.  and she mentioned that to her mom once.  her mom told her (and then my mom told me... i was probably in high school at this point...) to be thankful that she HAS a husband to iron shirts for.  such a good perspective.  it's so easy to find the things to complain about.  to find what's wrong.  

it's easy to dwell on the bad.  but, i have so much to be thankful for.  another way i see perspective is how easy it is to get wrapped up in "my trials/my busy".  like when you have a baby...  and are tired.  and wrapped up in the eating and changing and feeding and sleeping.  it's hard to see outside of that.  but there is so much going on.  

i am TRYING to look outside of myself.  to see more than what is going on with me.  i like to think i had a decent perspective when james was diagnosed with club feet.  so many people asked how i dealt with it so well (and some thought i was in denial!), but truly, he only had problems with his feet, that were SO EASILY corrected with casts and a surgery.  it wasn't nothing.  but it was such a simple, external problem.  it wasn't hard to handle.  although, i am sure it could have swallowed me up.  but for the grace of God.  

i want my perspective to be God's.  

i am loving kenny chesney's song "i'm alive and well".  

So (dang) easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me I’d like to thank my lucky stars that
I’m alive, and well

It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessin' can’t you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well

Stars are dancin’ on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul, when there’s not a soul in sight
But this boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I’m alive, and well

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I’m alive, and well
Yeah I’m alive, and well



an update...  drake went to be with Jesus yesterday.  please continue to pray for his parents as they struggle with his loss.  they had three days with him.  thanks for all your prayers!!!

No comments: