30 December 2012

remembering...

the uss michael murphy passing by the arizona memorial.

a close up of the michael murphy.

with the uss tuscon behind it.  

at waimea beach.  

my beach baby!

loving the water.  he was mad that he couldn't go in further!  (they were waves that could knock me over!)

my family.

love this beach baby!!!

and my beach angel!

Christmas time is here...

the boy!!!

we were on our way to bootcamp on dec 7th.  and the f-22s flew over in the missing man formation.  and we pulled to the side of the neighborhood to watch the ship and sub pass by the arizona.  and remembered.  how it might have felt 71 years ago to wake up to bombings.  and felt so thankful for the freedom we currently have.  to be watching and having my husband next to me.  

however, today is my sissy's birthday.  and i am wishing i could be with her.  she just had a beautiful baby girl.  and i am dying to hold her!  but, i have to wait six weeks...  and be patient!  so until then... happy birthday sissy!

No comments: