19 September 2012

lucky...



sweet boy after his bath...

and in the swing...

and... at the grocery store...

this sweet boy at a lego birthday party!  it was legit... there was this HUGE lego town for the kids to play with.  and he had fun!

he is still crawling into my bed at night.  last night i finally fought him on it.  cause i woke up to hear him!  and it was a fight...

this sweet boy...


oh wait... there's a girl here, too!  she and her brother were so sweet in the play room!

and she was sweet enough to snuggle with me...

today... i feel lucky (blessed) and about to lose it!  last year, both kids were in school.  and we did different weekly activities.  this year, i feel like we are super busy!  i have started saying "no" to things, and trying to simplify.  because we hadn't been to the beach in three weeks.  and because i like the things i am involved in.  and want to be able to fully invest myself.  instead of just giving part.  and i want to sew.  because i really like doing that!!

and, i have double-booked myself several times recently.  or had days where i go.  non. stop.  and i don't like that either.  like i said, i want to be fully where i am.  and that means, i might have to miss out on some good things.  fun things.  i have fomo.  fear of missing out.  but, sometimes, i need to.  for my sanity!

on one of my runs last week, i heard this song.  i have heard it several times, but really ever only heard the "lucky i'm in love with my best friend" line.  i downloaded it, cause i needed new music.  so, i heard it on a run, and about cried.  and today, we were having a dance party.  this came on, and i did cry.  the words are just so my life right now.  

i am so lucky i am in love with my best friend.  when david calls, there is a delay.  and when i talk back, there is a delay.  so, there is either silence, or we are talking over each other.  he is talking to me across a deep blue ocean.  he makes my life easier.  he makes it fun.  

i love the line, "every time we say goodbye, i wish we had one more kiss".  

and i think of david, sailing through the deep blue sea.  getting ready (in awhile) to meet me on this little island.  with the beautiful breezes in my hair.  (and the cute new dress i picked out.  and the outfits that i have picked out for the kids.  and being in his arms again.  maybe flowers... hint hint...)  that's a day i imagine often!!  

today, at mops, we were asked our favorite place we have lived.  and my answer was that i love where we live.  wherever that is.  each place has been so special and each place has been home.  i love where we have been.  

so, enjoy this song... lucky by jason mraz and colbie caillat.  it made me happy today!!!


Do you hear me? I'm talking to youAcross the water across the deep blue oceanUnder the open sky, oh my, baby I'm trying

Boy I hear you in my dreamsI feel your whisper across the seaI keep you with me in my heartYou make it easier when life gets hard

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friendLucky to have been where I have beenLucky to be coming home againOoh ooh ooh

They don't know how long it takesWaiting for a love like thisEvery time we say goodbyeI wish we had one more kissI'll wait for you I promise you, I will

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friendLucky to have been where I have beenLucky to be coming home again

Lucky we're in love in every wayLucky to have stayed where we have stayedLucky to be coming home someday

And so I'm sailing through the seaTo an island where we'll meetYou'll hear the music fill the airI'll put a flower in your hair

Though the breezes through treesMove so pretty you're all I seeAs the world keeps spinning 'roundYou hold me right here, right now

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friendLucky to have been where I have beenLucky to be coming home again

I'm lucky we're in love in every wayLucky to have stayed where we have stayedLucky to be coming home someday

No comments: