05 December 2011

phew... again...

i feel like i am saying that a lot. it was SO MUCH FUN to have my mom here. however, there was a lot i was planning to get done that got put on hold a week (not that i am complaining... i would take my mom ANY day of the week!!!). for instance, cleaning. especially upstairs, since i had really cleaned downstairs for thanksgiving the day before she flew in. if i KNEW she was coming, the upstairs toilets, bathrooms, kids' rooms, etc would have been clean. but since i didn't... they were a mess. because my guests were mostly downstairs on thanksgiving!!

so, today was cleaning day. the kids helped with their rooms and the play room. and i did the other stuff. and my house is so clean!!! (sorry mom... i DO know how to clean my house and make it look presentable! that's what you get for no warning!!!) and, i got a bunch of stuff done. i have a huge bag of clothes i am getting rid of. maternity clothes that i haven't worn all pregnancy. things that just don't make sense to keep.

i got an alteration done i had been needing to do. and the glider for the nursery recovered. and the nursery organized even more, and the air mattress out for our next set of guests! and dinner made and waiting when david came home. it was a good day. oh, and my kids played so sweetly together for so much of the day!

the other day, we woke up to hear nora singing, "the b-i-b-l-e. yes that's the book for me. i stand alone on the euro God. e-i-e-i-o". it was so sweet...

james has been pushing buttons recently. "james, don't touch that". "i touched it mommy". like he WANTS to be punished, or test me ridiculously! but then, he will look at me and say, completely unprompted, with his little arms wrapped around my leg, "mommy, you look so lovely". (i suppose it's a good thing he's cute!!!)

and in a matter of weeks, i am going to have a baby. why this is a little surprising to me, i am not sure. i am swollen, having a hard time moving, struggling with heartburn more frequently, peeing all the time, not sleeping well, exhausted beyond belief, and waddling. oh, and david sweetly pointed out that my belly was hanging out tonight... have i mentioned how sexy i feel? (although, truly, i enjoy being pregnant. as i type this, there is a little boy moving around inside of me, and it's one of the coolest feelings i know. and indescribable. and weird to watch my stomach contort with his kicks!!!)

but, there is a baby coming sooner rather than later!!! i bought pacifiers the other day, just in case. that was one of the things we just didn't have. david and i were talking last night about what to do should i go into labor when he is at work. my question was, do i just email him, and if i don't hear back after a bit, call the ship? and when i call the ship, what did he want me to say? (it's not as though david has a direct phone line... and his cell phone doesn't work on the ship!!!) i figured when contractions started, i could email, deal with it for a bit, and if i hadn't heard back, call the ship. so as not to bother him. he was astonished that THAT was my plan. good to know. NOW i know what to do...

speaking of the man i married... i married a good one. we were on our way to church yesterday, and i started crying. well, i started before we left, but thought i had composed myself. nope... sobbed the whole way there. and my wise, loving husband took me to the beach instead of church. so he could sit and talk to me while the kids played in the sand (albeit confused as to why we were there in our church clothes and not in bathing suits!!!). and we talked. he is a GREAT. MAN! i am so glad that he knows me well enough to know what i need. and to listen.

lastly, we had a GREAT date this weekend!! i could tell he was a little hesitant about spending more money on a babysitter... we have one this week for his Christmas party. so, he put the kids in bed while i picked up pf changes. he had been jonesing for it. and we turned on christmas lights and watched a movie. it was wonderful!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a great man David is! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I love that he did that for you. :o) But I kind of wish *I* could have gone to the beach to talk with you instead. HUGS.