22 September 2014

hard drive full...

so, i went to download the pics from my phone to my computer.  because, let's face it, i don't use my real camera any more.  i WANT to.  but, i am usually holding a baby and at least one other hand.  so the fact that we have pictures is a miracle!  a miracle called my iPhone!  and i will take my phone pics, because it means we have them for posterity.  they aren't the most beautiful.  but they are.

and, my computer wouldn't download them.  because my hard drive was too full.  and i had to hunt down where i unpacked my external hard drive so i could move stuff over and delete.  oh, and then i had to find the time to do that!

so, that's all done.  but now, i just have to get my phone cord to connect to my computer.  tomorrow, i think!  or tonight, while football is on.  i can snuggle next to my mr. and enjoy his company while downloading pics and blogging!  i like doing that!

but for now, you get my ramblings.  about four kids.  as i started to write this entry, i knew i was on borrowed time.  this is my quiet time during the day.  littlest boys are napping, bigger two at school.  i have these (almost) two hours where i am alone.  i usually have my devotion.  a time, sweet time, with Jesus.  today, it was in my front room, looking down the street at the ocean, and reading.  and praying.

but these two hours.  they are QUIET.  except now- i hear the pitter-patter of little feet.  c is awake.  soon, he will be down the stairs to say, "i waked up".  i love that.  he's usually still a bit sleep-drunk.  and smiley!  he's afraid of getting his hair cut, and i don't have the energy to physically restrain him.  so he has this bleach blonde long hair.  i love it.

four kids is no joke.  my mom made it look easy.  (i think i said that, but i don't remember much these days... again, those four kids!)  our days are full.  and busy.  and life is happening.  but i am enjoying it.  and i really think the kids are, too.  i am trying to keep out the busyness just for being busy.  keeping only the important things.

and i write this because i want to remember this.  that it was busy.  and crazy.  and that we loved life.  we have bad days.  and i yell.  more than i want.  and i will get pictures.  just to prove it all!

No comments: