22 April 2013

hau oli la hanau to me...



april 22, 2005.  the night i told david that i loved him back.  

april 2006...  camping on catalina island.


april 22, 2009.  trying to get a good pic in...  la jolla beach, ca

i have had some good birthdays in my life.  some really good ones.  

i think, i have had 3 surprise parties thrown for me.  and i really love birthdays.  i love making big deals.  and it's so fun when it's made about me!!  i was looking at some old pics the other day and realized that i am getting older.  it was obvious when i really looked at these pics.  and i am (mostly) okay with that.  i am loving where i am in life!

and, i went on a run today with a dear friend, and it was my BEST. RUN. TIME. EVER.!!!  only 2 miles, but less than 18 mins.  both miles were 8+min miles.  i am so excited about that!  i had just told someone the other day that my goal was 9 min miles...  and this was less!

then, we went to the beach.  and then to lunch.  and i have just felt so loved and celebrated.  i am so thankful for family and ohana near and far that make that special.  and to remember that i am loved.  not only by a lot of people on earth, but mostly by my Heavenly Father.  

sometimes it's easy to feel like i am not worthy.  or failing.  and it's days like this that remind me that i am the hardest on the girl i see in the mirror!  and she deserves a break....

No comments: