03 September 2010

five years... and two kids later...

our honeymoon... kauai
























kayaking in kauai












our first dance














kissing...













walking me down the aisle.











white water rafting in july 2005












on his ship, the uss shiloh, may 2005














dad, what a GREAT pic! may 2005












david's birthday, gondola ride, may 2005













enjoying life in coronado













my birthday. the night i said "i love you". a bonfire and a wonderful man to celebrate with. he brought flowers and WOWED my friends! and me.... we'd only known each other for six weeks.

i sit here and watch our kids.... little michelle and little david. they are adorable! they are so fun. they are such a reflection of david and me. their personalities, their looks, their smiles, their actions. when david comes home, if it's been 12 hours or 12 days, they LIGHT UP to see their daddy. and he, them. the joy that fills our house when he is loving on his kids makes me wonderfully happy.

i am so blessed to be married to such a wonderful, intelligent, Godly man. we have been studying different books of the Bible together since he's been gone. it's been AWESOME. but, every time we talk about it, he can put it in the historical timeline and the relevance that brings. he is ACING his class in virginia. (that's no surprise to me!) he is so fun to be around.

i can't imagine my life without him. i forget what life was like before him. how can one person (or three- kids, too) change your life so dramatically? i am so glad that he did! the really fun thing about today is that our matchmaker happens to be in town and is stopping by for a visit! we are so thankful for her foresight to introduce us! thanks carolyn!

i heard this song recently and it fit for today... my first date, my wedding, my life is a fairytale with david! (i mean, really... how many people get to move to hawaii with the man of their dreams!!!) david is wonderful at calming me down when i am upset, at making things better, at just hugging me when i want to cry for no good reason, for holding my hand, for telling me how beautiful i am, especially when i don't believe it!

thanks david, for a wonderful five years, and many more. thanks for loving me. thanks for being my best friend. i love you. happy anniversary!!

taylor swift, fairytale....

Today was a fairytale
You were the prince
I used to be a damsel in distress
You took me by the hand and you picked me up at six
Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale
I wore a dress
You wore a dark grey t-shirt
You told me I was pretty when I looked like a mess
Today was a fairytale

Time slows down when ever you're around

But can you feel this magic in the air?
It must have been the way you kissed me
Fell in love when I saw you standing there
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale
It must have been the way
Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale
You've got a smile that takes me to another planet
Every move you make everything you say is right
Today was a fairytale

Today was a fairytale
All that I can say is now it's getting so much clearer
Nothing made sense until the time I saw your face
Today was a fairytale

Time slows down whenever you're around, yea

1 comment:

CNB said...

Love it. Happy Anniversary to you both! Have an awesome weekend together!