31 May 2009

a. b. c. d.....


disclaimer... the video is long...  nora has these alphabet cards.  every so often, she will hand me one and say the correct letter.  it shocks me!  but, i think she can actually recognize a good handful of the letters.  it amazes me!  other things we can do... mostly say the alphabet, put toys away (with some assistance), say please, thank-you and you're welcome unprompted (and sometimes, just to herself...  ), recognize colors, say her age and future age (ie... "how old will you be on your next birthday?")

so, that's my bragging...  or maybe, realization that i have this toddler... not a baby!  actually, my mom asked me the other day if it blew my mind that i had two kids.  the two (versus having one) doesn't blow my mind.  it's the fact that I am the mom.  i am the adult... the one (of two) responsible for shaping these children's futures.  i don't get to give them back, don't get to go home, they are MINE!!  and it doesn't matter if there is one or two...  or five for that matter!  that's what blows me away.  (yes, i have been a mom for 22 months... you would think i would have gotten it by now!!!)

No comments: