05 January 2009

it's over...

today is the day that makes christmas feel officially over... everyone was back to doing the things they usually do (school, work, etc).  my mom even started taking down her decorations (thankfully, i took ours down before we left, so i won't have to face them this weekend!!!)  we are still in ohio for the week...  and enjoying it. except my lips are so chapped i am not sure they will ever be normal again.  one more reason that christmas should be in san diego next year!  

thankfully, the rest of our travels went without a hitch.  we got upgrades on the rest of our flights, and everything was relatively on time.  we had a wonderful time in boston, and now twinsburg.  it's been a very relaxing few weeks for me.  i think i have changed three diapers and held nora twice.  i was starting to worry a little bit, because she would only go to my mom.  actually, anyone but me, but definitely favoring my mom.  she slipped and fell the other day, and chose ME over anyone else!!!  for a good thirty seconds until she lunged again for my mom!  oh well...  my mom keeps telling me i was the same way with my mom-mom!

i took this pic the other day when nora was sleeping.  i love that she still sleeps with her little legs curled up underneath her.  just like when she was days old!  what a big girl she is becoming.  

i forget if i wrote about "bishou".  it was a phrase that nora was repeating over and over again.  one of the first things she seemed to be saying intentionally.  and it was so cute to hear her say it.  well, it's been about a month or so since we first heard it, and since then, nora's vocabulary has increased exponentially.  she loves to talk about airplanes and will point out any car she can see.  she is very good with names, and points at pictures around the house, saying "coco" or "byssa" (my sisters' nicknames, if you didn't know).  we are getting closer to uncle david, and mom-mom and pop-pop sound alike.  she asks specifically for things she wants and is so attentive.  anyway, the other day, she looked at me and said "bean show".  it finally dawned on me that all this time, she meant bean show as she would say "bishou".  (bean show is what we call any tv/dvd/youtube vid that she watches...  all day, she has been walking around asking for "bean show", and it's so hard to deny this sweet little voice of the one thing she wants in this world!

i have, however, denied her on occasion.  i don't want her to watch THAT much tv!  but at least it's only baby einsteins or other educational material!  

No comments: