23 July 2013

reading...

he just backs that thing up right in to your lap and plops down so you read to him...

snuggling with this boy.  who woke up this morning and told me he was going to be nice to his brother today.  it lasted about 10 minutes...

we played wii earlier this week when c was sleeping and nora was gone.  we had a blast!  and he's pretty good...

we also played legos.  he told me this was my girl's weapon.  i can do a lot of damage with a spray bottle!

he was telling elmo "goodnight".  he's become obsessed with elmo.  "eh" as he says!

new earrings for my girl!

black beans.  nom nom nom...

it's been a fun start to the week.  d came home for lunch and then super early yesterday.  a little early again today.  

i had a baby "sprinkle" (not a shower) at my house last night.  some fun girl time!

i have rejoiced with some friends this week.  and mourned with others.  and spent a lot of time on the phone...  doing both of those, and making "work" calls for the school's auction, soliciting donations.  or trying to.  

our b friends are back and we have been spending a lot of time together.  the kids love it... and so do the moms!!

i was rocking c before nap today, and he fell asleep in my arms.  i am cherishing these moments, as he is getting so big!!!  d had the big kids at gymnastics tonight and i was playing with him.  reading, playing trains, tickling.  it was so much fun!  and then, rocking him again to put him to bed.  and he was so much fun playing with me...  giving me his paci, then taking it back.  taking his paci out and giving me kisses.  

i was thinking about kate and the new prince today.  she made a comment about how this must be what all new parents feel like.  which got me thinking... i really have no idea what she feels like.  i can look at my kids and only imagine what they will do, who they will grow up to be.  everyone in the entire world is watching this new boy.  and he will grow up to be the future king of england.  i mean... wow!

which got me thinking further...  so often, i think, i get it when they say "and mary treasured up all these things in her heart".  i want to treasure all these things in my heart.  or the song "mary, did you know?".  how much did she know?  did she treasure those things because she really KNEW what was coming?  i mean, she knew that her baby boy was God, but did she know all that would entail?  it gives me such a new and profound perspective on that.  

and on that note... i am off to snuggle the big kids.  

No comments: