10 June 2009

i'd like to thank...

this was in the airport... before the other two pictures were taken.  in her stroller...  passed out.  she passed out during the final descent.  after crying for what felt like 10 minutes (it was probably less than three).  i got her up enough to get her into the stroller.  she slept through our 1 hour layover.  (i got starbucks... thanks to some giftcards!!)  then, we had to get on the second plane.  james was in the beco carrier.  i picked up nora and set her on the wheelchair-type thing at the end of the plane.  all she needed was a bowl of spaghetti to fall into!  it was entertaining to watch.  then, carried her and the boy onto the plane and she passed out again, for the next 1.5 hours!  yeah for good naps. 

i'd like to thank all those who prayed!  God is good... all the time.  and i really felt it today.  we got upgraded to first class on our way home from ohio.  that was the beginning of the goodness today!  i'd like to thank dad and dyh who have supported my traveling over the last year to allow for upgrades!  (gotta love frequent flyer points)

thanks to trader joe's chocolate covered sunflower seeds...  they kept nora so happy!!!

and to the creators and inventors of the portable dvd player... and finding nemo! 

and the stewardesses on my second flight (the one's on the first flight were not the most helpful... ie...  "i can't hold your baby while you go to the bathroom because it's a liability".  she eventually did, realizing that i might wet my pants instead!)  on the second flight, they would have let me do their job while they sat with the kids (i really considered it!!!  i think i would have had it easier!!!).  

and the makers of the good chardonnay...  both kids were sleeping and james had just nursed!!!

and the ground crew guys who, on four different legs of my flight, did not ruin my $$$ stroller....  i was scared!!!

and CUPEEZ!!!!  for both kids...  keeps them quiet!

no thanks to all those who gave me dirty looks as i traveled by myself with two kids

the makers of my $$$ stroller who don't have any way for it to stay folded up... i had to create my own way (and it didn't work so well...)

my bottle of breastmilk that exploded all over my bag (thankfully not on the aforementioned dvd player or nice camera or cell phone!!!)

in all...not a bad flight!!  i might try it again by myself.  as i write, my sweet husband is massaging my feet!!!  what a good man.  he said i was his hero!  actually, several fellow passengers said the same thing.  i love my good kids!  james cried on the way home, and i could hear nora saying "it's okay james, in the car-car".  what a sweet big sister!  i just love them both!!!

more on the trip to ohio to come!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you! I knew you could do it without any problem! Thanks also to the lady at the Presidents Club who let us in even though I wasn't traveling!!!! And to the other lady for giving us the Family Room!!! No thanks to your mother who let Nora have the juice that she spilled all over herself and the stroller!!

Michelle said...

i did forget about that!!! very true.... thanks mom!

Laura said...

You are a ROCK STAR! I don't think I could ever do it - two kids cross-country with a layover by myself! - but I'm sure you do it all with grace and patience and a smile =)