15 September 2008

a fun weekend...

sometimes, especially at night when i am laying in bed, i write blog posts in my head (and i totally didn't mean for that to rhyme!!!). but i do. i think about what i want to put on my next post and how i should phrase it. except, i forget what i want to write by the time i actually sit down to do it, so i just write.

for example, i know there was something in my lastest pre-post about how awesome my husband is, and how much i love God's timing in bringing us together, our story, how it all worked out and how much i love him! (and God, too...) but i can't remember.

i may have wanted to talk about the fact that we keep forgetting i am pregnant. i guess i don't forget so much as not dwell on it like i did with nora. but david all out forgets! poor second children!!! however, i did already start a baby book for #2. and, #2 gets to sleep in the walk-in closet just like nora did! you can't say we're not fair!!!

just a little comic update on our houdini-dog. we have zip-tied, carabeenered, attached to wood, and reshaped the crate that sadie stays in when we are gone. and she STILL escapes! so, david is working on a new method now. we'll see.

lastly... the VIDEO!!! last night, nora just wanted to get david's finger (unfortunately for one of them, it happened to be during the browns/steelers game and nora didn't want me, despite all of my efforts...). she just wanted him to walk around with her. she would stop and look at something, but never seemed to be headed anywhere with a purpose! it was so cute to watch. she did the same thing to me today, but only because i was the only one home.

also, a new syllable to add to her repertoire... coco. as you can imagine, it makes others a little jealous that stef's plan worked to get a nickname that would be nora's first! it does sound quite like "gog" as she says it, so one could argue that it's not really new!!!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hi guys!
I am in Conakry for a few days and stopped by the Nora site to see what my little neice was looking like these days. Wow! So cute! I also haven't officially given you guys my congratulations on # 2 which is on the way. You didn't waste any time ;)! I think it's awesome-- just imagine, at this rate, you guys are gonna have a big fun family, inshallah (Lord willing). I love you and am praying for you all the way from Afrique.
Love,
Andrew